Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Day of High School

So, no updates in a long time. I am going to do better this year. We have been taking bentos right along, they are a real way of life for us now, but there never seems time enough to chronicle them. Today though is Veronica's first day of school - high school no less. I asked her if she was ready to stop with her bento boxes and she was shocked at the question. This is good because I had a lovely Hakoya Lucky Carp box put up for an auspicious first day of school. I love this bento box so much and so does everyone who has seen it.
The colors are so vibrant and the shape is absolutely adorable. So today she took (the ever popular) shepherd's pie (in a cute silicon cup I got at World Market in Wichita), some cat cookies, a brownie bar (very small), strawberries and raspberries. The fruit is in the smaller fish, which has an insert that separtates it into two sections. I love these!

And finally, the whole  lunch assembled and ready to be shoved into the black canvas lunch bag:
:
Happy high school Veronica! I am glad I can be there in some small way at lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment