Monday, September 14, 2009

Make an Effort Monday

I was somewhat motivated Sunday night, so I did a lot of prep work and packed bentos for Miranda, Veronica and I. I threw together a pasta salad that had Miranda's interest and she asked to take some instead of her ubiquitous peanut butter sandwich.
So Miranda's bento was pasta salad, grapes, strawberries, and a mini Snickers bar that I snuck in and she probably won't eat. It is in her traditional box. It is pink and bears the legend: "Bonjour les fleurs! Les deux oiseaux volent toujours ensemble, Que nous passions une bonne journee!"
 
  
Veronica took a mini shepherds pie I popped out of the freezer and cooked the night before, some salad (dressing in the blue case, sunflower seeds and bacon bits in the little green container),grapes and strawberries. The box is one of my favorites because is says: "Dolphins are the warm hearted guides to the masic world." We don't know what the masic world is, but we're glad dolphins can take us there.
Finally, my lunch was three shumai, soy sauce, strawberries, some pasta salad, a little hot mustard (in the yellow container),and a green salad (with a little cheddar cheese and sunflower seeds). This box is a Hakoya brand box - very elegant and simple. I like it a lot.

5 comments:

  1. Love this, Theresa. I think I might have to start. :) I love the mix of colors and how cleverly everything is packed into the boxes. I would not have thought you could get that much stuff in them. Hope you are having a good day.
    MK

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to Babelfish, the French translates to, "Hello flowers! The two birds fly always together, That we spend a good day."

    I love shumai, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strangely, I got the shumai at Target. In the deli section near the sushi. I decided to take a chance on it and it was good! I steamed it the night before and then just microwaved it for 30 seconds at lunch. It was really good.

    And yes, the French is as tortured as some of th English is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Did Miranda eat her Snickers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, she did not. She also did not eat all the grapes or strawberries. She was stuffed with "all that pasta salad."

    ReplyDelete