Monday, January 11, 2010

Out and About Monday

It has been cold and snowy/icy here in the deep south. After staying home for 3 days, I am ready to get out, even if it means going back to work. The girls were not thrilled to be leaving the cocoon of home to go out at 18 degrees, but we had little choice.

As an "oh by the way", for you who are new to bento - and not new really, here is a really good overview of food safety in your bento; it is on the lovely blog called Just Bento.

Now on to this morning's bentos. Miranda gets pizza on Monday and Wednesday so it was just Veronica and I today.

Veronica was excited to have (in the bottom tier) some leftover salmon on a bed of mashed potatoes, Teddy Grahams, salad dressing . In the top tier was her ever present salad with sunflower seeds in the green and mandarin oranges in the Hello Kitty containers. Kroger had Organic Chocolate Milk on sale, so I swallowed my dislike of over-packaged beverages and got some as a treat.



I also took leftovers: baked chicken and rice, carrot sticks, Rondele cheese with whole wheat flatbread, and grapes.


1 comment:

  1. Yum! Love the frog box, sooo cute. But I don't need one. 0.o

    ReplyDelete